This section includes general FAQs for artists and buyers. If you are an artist, please also check out Artist Guidelines. Do email us for clarifications or more information.
Is the Art show meant for professional artists?
No, it is open to all artists ranging from amateur, professional, diverse, to mainstream, over 18 years of age.
Is there an entry/ participation fee?
No, we are not charging an entry fee. However, we do have suggestions on donating part of sales to benefitting Raksha clients, who are survivors of domestic violence and abuse (explained in the Artist Agreement).
How different is the “Virtual” Art Show from previous art shows?
This year, we are hosting our annual Art Show virtually on multiple platforms - the Raksha website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
Submission Rules & Guidelines
- Artists must be at least 18 years of age.
- No more than 2 art submissions.
- Artists will submit their own original art. Raksha reserves the right to remove your artwork at any point on grounds of plagiarism, copyright violations.
- Art on Canvas and other media including wood, paper, metal, glass, fabric, small sculptures, digital art work are acceptable for submission.
- Artists will be responsible for pricing the item and factoring in calculated shipping costs in the listing price.
- Artists will be responsible for shipping their artwork directly to the buyer so please factor in shipping or shipping costs, when deciding the size, dimensions of your artwork.
- Nudity allowed, but works depicting sexual acts will not be accepted.
- Artwork with blood, gore, or other disturbing violence will not be accepted.
- Works that may be triggering or traumatizing to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or child abuse will not be accepted.
- Artists will be responsible for submitting a title and accurate description that includes size dimensions, medium, format, and details about the artwork.
- Submitted and approved artwork will be displayed on the Art Catalog section on the Raksha Art Show page but the links to buy will be activated only on October 23. Buyers will be able to buy the artwork from the catalog during the week of the event (October 23-31).
- We highly encourage buyers to click on the artwork they want to purchase to go to the sales platform to make a purchase at the earliest because art sales are on a first come first serve basis.
- This year, payment methods for purchase of art may look different from artist to artist. We are encouraging artists to list on eBay for Charity, however, artists may choose to include a different point of sale, including their website check out pages, Facebook shop/ page, Instagram shop/page.
- Sales and agreements pertaining to sales or shipping on artwork listed on the Raksha Art Show are between buyers and sellers. Raksha is not liable for any agreements made between the seller/artist and the buyer.
- Raksha, Inc. is not responsible for any losses or damages of any art work and/or personal belongings for this event.
- The buyer and/or the artist/seller is responsible for the transportation of any purchased artwork. Raksha is not responsible for the transportation and/or the coordination of transportation of any art work once purchased.