Raksha Inc., whose mission is to promote a stronger and healthier South Asian community through free and confidential support services, education and advocacy, is seeking a Full-Time Advocate/Case Manager.
To apply, please email a resume, a writing sample and 3 references to [email protected]
- Answer Raksha’s phone line, client-related calls and emails
- Conduct intakes with new clients
- Provide and document advocacy and support to individual clients
- Provide safety planning to clients in crisis
- Provide legal, medical, career, housing/shelter and other referrals to clients
- Complete necessary paperwork in applying for attorneys through legal project
- Arrange meetings with attorneys and clients
- Accompany clients for hearings and meetings with attorneys when needed
- Provide interpretation between attorney and client when needed
- Attend weekly caseworker meetings, Check-ins, staff renewal and staff meetings
- Attend trainings and conferences
- Assist in coordinating support groups, workshops, etc.
- Assist with grant reporting requirements
- Assist other advocates as needed
- Provide housing and economic empowerment and advocacy to clients who need focused support to address complicated housing needs.
- Build relationships with landlords willing to provide housing options for clients with complex housing needs
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships to address the emerging housing needs of survivors.
- Provide language specific services by using language line
- Flexibility in handling tasks outside of the job description
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in social work, psychology, counseling or education
- One-year work experience in a related field highly preferred
- Fluency in Hindi/Urdu, Bangla, Gujarati, Nepali or any other South Asian language preferred
- Knowledge of issues related to domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours which include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to handle crisis situations and provide crisis management
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Research on internet, etc)
- Leadership qualities and public speaking desirable
- A minimum of two-year commitment
- Depending on experience and skills, $40,000-45,000 with benefits.
Raksha Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, case, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.