We are currently seeking Community Liaisons for South Asian communities in Georgia. This includes communities originating from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The Community Liaison will report directly to the Outreach Coordinator, and will serve as a link between Raksha and our target communities through culturally appropriate outreach initiatives.
• Work closely with the Organization’s outreach coordinators to develop and implement projects designed to heighten understanding of domestic violence in South Asian cultures
• Assist Outreach Coordinators with informational and educational activities
• Provide linguistically and culturally specific outreach to South Asian communities in Georgia
• Represent Raksha at local community events
• Develop relationships with community leaders
• Assist Raksha clients and future clients with interpretation and translation as needed
• Assist Raksha staff in other administrative duties as needed
• Work directly with survivors of domestic and sexual violence and crime victimization
• Provide services and resources to a diverse client base without judgement or bias
Counseling Intern and Social Interns are welcome!
Contact Fatima Wasim at [email protected] or at 404-876-0670.
Raksha is seeking an unpaid intern to be a legal advocate for our clients and to assist clients with a range of legal needs and referrals (i.e. immigration issues, TPOs, divorce, custody issues, etc.). Primary duties center on the client. The Intern will liaise with supervising attorneys from local firms and organizations in areas of immigration, civil/legal issues, divorce, and custody issues. Interns will also be working/collaborating with court based advocates throughout Metro Atlanta. The intern will also accompany clients to court, work with attorneys, assist with research, writing, preparing client statements, and assist with preparation of client and supporting affidavits for court.
The intern should expect to work approximately 10 hours per week with flexibility in scheduling and work throughout the summer. Start dates are flexible. Access to transportation is critical, as intern will accompany clients to court and legal meetings throughout Metropolitan Atlanta.
This internship is appropriate for a first year student, but may be modified to suit for 2nd or 3rd year students.
Proficiency in a South Asian language is required.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required
Interested applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter which includes a statement of interest. Applicants should possess a desire to work with immigrant populations and/or with survivors of domestic/sexual violence. All applicants must pass a background check prior to beginning the internship.
Applicants may apply online.
P.O. Box 12337
Atlanta, GA 30355
Raksha Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.