Types of crimes that are eligible for financial relief
The Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program covers most violent crimes including homicide, rape, robbery, assault, sexual abuse, serious injury by vehicle including drunk driving, and family/domestic violence.
Suicide and property crime related claims for lost, stolen, or damaged property are not covered by the program.
Expenses covered & Compensation Limits:
The program offers up to a maximum of $25,000 in compensation or reimbursement of various types of expenses related to the crime to eligible victims of crime.
- Medical Expenses: up to $15,000
- Funeral Expenses: up to $6,000
- Counseling Expenses: up to $3,000
- Lost Wages Expenses: up to $10,000
- Loss of Support Expenses: up to $10,000
- Crime Scene Sanitization: up to $1,500