SAAM Event Shout-Out!
This year, we are planning to attend, in-person, Georgia Tech’s Take Back the Night, a candlelight vigil in support of survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking.
Additionally, here’s a list of local and virtual #SAAMevents.
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center has an event page dedicated to NSVRC organized and other events from April 1- 30, 2022. Events include meditation/self care sessions, educational webinars on SAAM history etc and tools to help teach consent to children and other topics.
Event List Page: https://www.mobilize.us/nsvrc/
- Teal Theater by The Let Your Voice Be Heard Foundation | Sat, April 23, 2022, 6 PM – 8 PM EDT.
Location: Love Official ATL
Event Description: Enjoy a theatrical presentation courtesy of local Atlanta talent and advocates.Celebrate the impact made in our community as we honor two powerful voices in the sexual assault awareness movement: Phyllis Miller, director of Day League (formerly known as the Dekalb Rape Crisis Center) and Kenyette T. Barnes, cofounder of the Mute R Kelly Movement.
- Take Back The Night | Global Virtual Event | April 28, 2022: 8-9pm EDT
Register to join this global virtual event by the Take Back The Night Foundation which includes speakers, poetry, and healing activities.
- Crisis Line & Safe House is holding a number of virtual events during #SAAM: https://cl-sh.org/april-is-sexual-assault-awareness-month/
- Brown Bodies Bold Stories | Daya and SAYHU’s annual storytelling event, on Sunday April 10 at 3pm EDT.
Participate as a storyteller (email [email protected] by April 4) or attend as a listener
This year’s event celebrates Connections from Afar and will be kicked off by TikTok star Annesa Tabassum (@ovo_nesa) who has used the platform to build community and break stigma as a Psych Charge Nurse and a DV survivor and advocate.
Register at: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0qdu2tqTkrGdPCJKWQMeZ_q3EYX14TtFVA