Donations and Wish List
Your donations are critical to keeping Raksha’s services and community building work available to the community. You can make sure that Raksha is around for years to come. Raksha's mission is to promote a stronger and healthier community through confidential support services, education and advocacy.
Many of you give your time and talents and we sincerely thank you for your invaluable work. Now we are asking for your financial support to help sustain and grown Raksha. Please consider a monetary gift of what you feel most comfortable with and send your donation. Keep in mind your money will help:
- Continue programs currently in existence such as the Youth Mentoring program, Himmat speaking out against violence, the Breaking the Silence program as well as many others
- Help expand Raksha's services to the South Asian community -- facilitate and host monthly support groups, providing direct services such as helpline, crisis intervention, tutoring and referral services
- Maintain and enhance facilities.
Do you know that:
- Raksha received more than 12,000 calls on the helpline and in the office?
- Raksha provided services to approximately 1000 men and women of all religions, ages and issues ranging from family violence to grief?
- Raksha provided legal and social referrals?
- Raksha received numerous awards and recognitions from organizations such as the Gandhi Foundation, Anti-Defamation League,
Raksha is not just a helpline, but a life line. We urge you, to join us in taking responsibility for the health and safety our South Asian community by contributing a donation of $25, $50, $100, $200 or an amount of your choice so that we may continue to provide these quality programs. The only way we will end violence is by becoming involved and extending your support!
Getting your Employer to Support Raksha through Corporate Grants, Matching Gifts, Workplace Giving Programs
- Before you make out your personal donation, check with your employers to see if they provide matching gifts to organizations you donate to or if they match your volunteer time with donations.
- Your employer may support the organizations its employees volunteer and donate to. Check with your employers corporate foundation or community relations offices to see how they support non profit organizations in the community. You can be an ambassador for Raksha to find out if Raksha’s work fits within their giving guidelines. If there is a good fit, you can coordinate a meeting between Raksha staff and your employers’s foundation representatives or make Raksha’s staff aware of the grant guidelines. It is always helpful when an employee of a company helps champion Raksha’s work.
Raksha is part of two workplace giving campaigns. So if your employer encourages its employees to donate to non profit organizations through Raksha’s. Our specific care code for United Way of Atlanta is 401.
Many Raksha volunteers and supporters have asked their employers to help support Raksha’s fundraisers and community events. Raksha is always looking for Corporate Sponsorship of our programs and fundraisers. Please check with your employers Marketing Department/Corporate Relations/ Corporate Contributions Department to see how they can support Raksha’s work, what their deadlines are and what they need to sponsor an event.
To donate, please print out the form below, fill out the information to donate by check or credit card and mail it to the Raksha address listed below.
Mail donations to:
P.O. Box 12337
Atlanta GA 30355
You can also donate electronically via the Raksha page on Sulekha.com. The page is located at Network for Good
Sponsor an Upcoming Fundraiser or Community Event
Raksha is always looking for sponsors for our events. See Sponsorship Packet
Make a donation in Honor of someone , celebrate a milestone, or make a donation in memory of a loved one
Many community members have made donations as a way of celebrating their marriage or commitment to each other or as way of celebrating a birthday. Give the gift of a stronger and healthier South Asian community. It’s a way of giving a gift to your community as a whole. Raksha will send a special acknowledgement card in honor of your gift of a stronger and healthier community. There are many websites which help facilitate donating to the charity of your choice especially for weddings such as . http://www.idofoundation.org/nonprofits/nomination.html.
Donate In-Kind Services and Items
Raksha always needs probono services from our community. The community we serve in always in need of pro bono legal and medical services. Many individuals have donated in-kind dental and medical services, counseling sessions, and legal assistance.
As an organization, Raksha also needs in-kind services in the areas of Accounting, Computer Maintenance, Networking, Corporate law, Event Planning, Fundraising, Human Resources, Interpreting, Translation, Marketing, and Publicity.
Donate Services for Our Fundraising, Outreach Events, and Support Services.
Throughout the years, many South Asian business have supported Raksha’s work and our fundraising initiatives. Donations of space, food, giveaway items, Skymiles/Airline tickets, hotel rooms, raffle items and art for silent auctions are ways you can support Raksha’s fundraising and outreach events.
Raksha also need Marta Tokens, Cab Rides, Computer Equipment, Hotel rooms for emergencies, Working cars, Food for Support Groups, and much more to support the individuals who come to us for direct services.
Donate Publicity and Advertising Space
Media allies like Khabar, Desi MOJO have helped promote Raksha’s work on their shows, websites, and in their magazines. Their publicity has been crucial in letting our community know about our services and our fundraisers.
*Canned goods of-vegetables, beans, fruits, etc. Free of dents and check expiration dates
*Condiments/baking: vegetable oil, canola oil, olive oil, ghee, etc, baking powder and baking soda. Sealed in origial container, free of dents and check expiration date.
*Spices-salt, pepper, curry powder, sambar powder, cinnamon, cardamon, cloves, etc. Sealed in original bag and check expiration date